These safe handling techniques rely on substituting a sub divided solid "diluent" for the gaseous diluent normally used to avoid premature decomposition of reactive materials or mixtures. This diluent absorbs heat from initial decomposition events to prevent them spreading and causing an explosion in the bulk of the gas. This makes operations much easier and safer than with gaseous diluents and allows distillation with pure materials.
- Avoid explosions in production equipment for disilane, germane, acetylene, ethylene, propadiene, butadiene, hydrazine, etc.
- Reduce cost of distillation by avoiding use of gaseous diluents and cryogenic distillation
- Make and sell very reactive hydrides in 100% pure form
- Help customer use reactive chemicals safely
- Reduce or eliminate need for emergency venting systems
& Safety Benefits
- Avoid explosions in production equipment
- Reduce filling and storage risks
- Safely operate with chemicals prone to runaway decomposition
- Preheat reactive gases safely before feeding to reactor
- Less waste production
- Eliminate contamination from gaseous diluents
- Distill to higher purity with 100% concentration